[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:36 am

+Res/-Def is pretty good for Anna to be honest. You won't stand up to a stiff breeze physically (but she wasn't great at that before either) and you can get her debuffs going easy along with some big Icebergs.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:09 pm

Heh, I'm just used to the wikis constantly recommending either +Spd or +Atk for almost every unit in the game. :pac

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 pm

+Res is always great for a ranged unit, though, and -def is great for ranged units without distant counter.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Oh wow, I'm used to the trailers being 3 days before a banner, not a week before. Wasn't expecting this tonight. I don't know these characters yet, though, so I'm going to wait until I'm more familiar with the game before I pull. Tsubasa seems like the winner here, though.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Looks like TMS will have some pretty cool new costumes.

https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage ... s-trailer/

https://youtu.be/al34SjlHXvg

Always neat to see Strange Journey stuff keep popping up occasionally. And hell yeah Three Houses uniform, I'll be using that immediately.

e: Persona Central also has all the full TMS FEH art.

https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage ... oes-event/

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:42 pm

The rocket horse is what sold me on Tsubasa, though having +15 atk/spd and desperation on initiation is also pretty nuts. Need more than one hardy bearing seal :pac

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I showed you all! Never give up hope! Bye bye, orbs!!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Are you going to shoot for all of them, or do you have a favorite?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Love how a lot of the response to the TMS banner is like

1) "Anime? In Fire Emblem?!"
2) "Warriors OCs when"
3) "is this a JoJo reference"

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:55 pm

I can see why some people are upset a little, since the characters don't fit with the usual cast. That being said, this entire book IV fairy shit doesn't fit either.

But on the same note, as someone also currently unfamiliar with TMS, instead of being mad... just be happy that you can save orbs? I see no point in being upset about a phone game. I follow someone on Twitter who was absolutely livid last night after the trailer that this banner came before another dedicated 3H banner, and I couldn't help but wonder how that person's life must be so uneventful that this banner provoked such a reaction. If you don't like it, don't pull. There will be other banners.

As I said before, I'm waiting until I get familiar with the characters before I decide. Without tickets, I'm less likely to pull than usual, but if I fall in love with one of these characters on Friday, that may change.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Yeah, considering how much Genealogy/Thracia content there's been recently despite its age and barely anyone outside Japan ever playing 'em + Three Houses sales and popularity, there will be at least two or three 3H banners this year, easily, folks just gots to chill a bit and let the obvious thing obviously happen

anyway, I like how the FEH folks found a way to represent both the original TMS characters and their mirages all at once, without any of them turning into Duos.

I still have no idea who to pull for though, aside from maybe Kiria since I dug her a lot on Layfield's TMS stream way back, but I barely remember anything from those streams now so I'll probably just play the damn game a bit first and decide later.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:42 am

Bier_Engel wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:53 pm
Are you going to shoot for all of them, or do you have a favorite?
Eleonora would be my #1 pick, but I'm going to shoot for all of them. Good thing it's a one-of-each-color banner. Orb efficiency!

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:13 am

Hey, I heard there's some character named Byleth. Is s/he cool? You know, just wondering. No real raisin.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am

They have a whip-sword that lets them mess with time, that's pretty kewl. Also they get a mean dye-job.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIv7vh2qwLw

Thoughts on the DLC? I think the new characters look cool and I'm excited about the dark flier class in particular. Also, the release date is nice. Should have enough time to finish another run before P5R, and I don't know how long TMS is, but I have almost a month to finish that before this DLC drops.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:05 pm

So that's what all the Abyss chatter around the monastery is about. I figured it would be more of a endgame/postgame endless dungeon mode or something. And I guess it could still be that, but it's nice to know there's some substantial story content attached, new characters, and especially new classes.
Falcon Critical wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am
They have a whip-sword that lets them mess with time, that's pretty kewl. Also they get a mean dye-job.
Smash Byleth is also bringing the whole damn weapon triangle with them - all three house leaders' relic weapons, even - which is a neat way around the "too many swords" problem. So the usual complaints like "never even heard of a Fire Emblem, gawd" will at least be tempered a little by some extra gameplay variety, hopefully.

I can't believe how much extra voice and animation work they did for this reveal. If nothing else, watch the first four minutes. (Or watch more actually because Sakurai is hilarious)

https://youtu.be/2aqVlLlKkcg

I'll never get over how weirdly flat non-Smash characters look in the Smash graphics engine. Do they just not do any lighting at all, or

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm

All the scenes are pre-timeskip so from what I gather, it's definitely not post/endgame. Most people are theorizing pre-timeskip only paralogues. But I believe there was official text saying that the new characters can be recruited to be used beyond that with every house (I can't remember where I read that earlier at work and I can't seem to find it now, but I think it was a Reddit datamine).

As for Smash, I didn't watch the actual reveal until now, since I don't play it, but that was really cute. Cassandra Lee Morris must have had a blast recording that. And the whole "ugh another sword!" actually being addressed was not only funny, but I like their work-around for it.

Edit: I love how Gatekeeper is just chilling in the Smash background.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:01 pm

PSA - the current tap battle is TMS themed and has new accessories. I've been ignoring tap battle for a while so you prob were too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:34 am

Got my Kiria in three pulls. :disco

...+HP/-Atk, pffffft, whatever.

I think I'll keep pulling, at least for Tsubasa. Glad to have got my most wanted unit right away this time, and not after bottoming out my stockpile like with Anna.

I'm also seriously considering starting up a Kronya merge project, but I might wait until her GHB repeats.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 am

I've been keeping up with the tap battle since it's new and has orbs. The hot spring at the end is from the stage that I'm on in the game, so that was cute.

Congrats! I got my Tsubasa in 2 pulls, so it's nice that this is a lucky banner (I was actually thinking of doing a free pull and skipping so I'm glad I decided to at least do both blues in the circle). +HP as well. -Def I think. Kind of evens out I guess.

And yeah, Kiria is a bitch on Lunatic with that solo skill. Enjoy your nuke!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:02 pm

I'm already bottomed out from trying for the Askr!Duo, but I'd saved like 30 orbs to throw at this banner. I got Brave!Eliwood instead, so I'm not sure what to do with him.

Do we think these TMS characters will stick around after their banner?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Yeah, despite the chapter being a paralogue, they'll be in the normal pool.

I heard Brave!Eliwood was quite good. Not a bad consolation for only 30 orbs.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Yeah he seems alright, I don't actually have much in the way of lance cavaliers, Summer!Cordelia is the only one that springs to mind. Then again, I guess between Panne+10 and Reinhardt there's not a lot of space for lance cavs.

Worst case I can vore him for Swift Sparrow 3

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:33 am

Actually having fun with the new Tempest Trial with my all-flier team that includes Tsubasa and OG Caeda.

But... I can't help but think the end of the TT is some kind of spoiler. Wouldn't be the first time FEH spoiled shit.

On a similar note, I can't help but notice the Shadow Dragon music and boss. Seems that Awakening and Shadow Dragon are the only FE games that TMS references in my experience so far.