CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

Bier_Engel wrote:
1 week ago
Tales of Vesperia is coming out Friday
or as Steam puts it,

that classic banger, Tales of Uninitialized

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » 1 week ago

Heh. There's no way a game like that would run on my laptop, so I've got the PS4 version coming tomorrow. Sucks, because I work all day, and then Mike wanted to go to a local show- but then today when I reminded him, he already said he was too tired even though it's tomorrow, heh. So that's up in the air. I guess if he doesn't want to go, I'll get to play, as well as save money.

Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

chillin' here in MS2 just farming some herbs and mining some ore and someone somewhere on this map starts playing MIDI piano versions of the Final Fantasy X soundtrack, they're like three or four tracks deep now and still going

that's dedication.

Bier_Engel

Ooh, which songs? That was a good soundtrack...

Delthazar

I think they performed in order of appearance, so I probably heard from the opening theme to the first battle theme at Zanarkand before I bailed

definitely one of the better soundtracks in the series.

Delthazar

I've also been watching Mari at Geek Remix play through Deadly Premonition. Seeing new fresh reactions to that thing is always a joy.

I wonder what mystical rites she used to get the PC version running smoothly without crashing constantly.

Bier_Engel

Grr. Since I pre-ordered ToV while still at my old address, my Amazon tracking said they attempted delivery there. I guess it's being forwarded, but I won't get it today. I never even though about checking that, since I assumed they'd just ship my pre-orders to the current address I have on file :/

Delthazar

At least this edition seems to be getting great reviews, so it won't be full of bugs or anything when you do get your copy.

https://kotaku.com/one-of-my-favorite-t ... 1831674917

Bier_Engel

Most notably Troy Baker, who originally voiced purple-haired protagonist Yuri, has been replaced with voice actor Grant George. While Baker’s original voice acted lines remain in game, all new dialogue is performed by George.
At first I thought, "great, now I'm going to hear *Jin* (and Shinji) in between the Kanji-sounding lines," but then I watched the video they included, and yeah, can't really tell the difference.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » 5 days ago

Lol I'm a dumbass. So I've been playing the Persona dance games since P4D came out. Never got a King Crazy (highest rating possible). Today I realized that the timing of the scratches count for that. So, so many times, I was like, "why does my final score say I got 5 "good" ratings for notes when I don't recall seeing "good" on the screen ever? I got all perfects and greats! What the hell!?" Fucking scratches. The games tell you they don't count. BUT THEY DO!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » 4 days ago

Tracking my ToV package and it is now *further* away from me than it was when it first shipped out to the wrong address. What the hell, USPS? No chance of getting it today...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » 2 days ago

ToV arrived unexpectedly today (the text I got when I woke up made it sound like it was further again) but it somehow arrived from far away without going near me or "out for delivery" and I'm okay with that.

Played it basically all night since I got home from work since I'll barely have time to play it in a dedicated chunk again until *next* Tuesday night :/ And yeah, I can't really tell when Yuri's voice actor switches. I tried paying attention in the beginning but it was so subtle that I forgot to listen out for it, and now I can't even tell at all.

Delthazar

Post by Delthazar » 2 days ago

I love how "hey can you just talk like Troy Baker" is now a common bit of voice acting direction.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » 2 days ago

My guess is that Troy is super expensive now so they went with Grant George as a reserve option or something? Troy even admitted on Twitter that he never even knew about the definitive edition in English until after it was already done/announced (ouch) and that he would have loved to do it if asked to. So, it certainly wasn't a busy schedule or lack of interest on his part... they never even asked him, and that's sad to not even ask the original voice actor to come back for a *definitive edition!*

BUT, as I said, it's so hard to tell. The casting people knew what they were doing, and probably saved a lot of money :/