[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:33 pm

He did mention he might not use her, since players only have a few weeks to redeem her (I.e. she won't be free to newer players after that, unlike the other free units) so we'll have to see. I think I'll just keep mine around and if guides don't end up using her, I'll merge my other one later.

I had a long day at work and thus 2 hour long breaks and I got all difficulties of the coliseum quests done during the first one XD Bring on the new content tomorrow...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:32 am

Well, so far I spent all my tickets and 68 orbs, and I got pity broken by Tethys. Off to a bad start. No Ferdinands at 4* either, or even a Valbar for my merge project.

Edit: 353 orbs down total. After Tethys, I got Bernie with meh IVs. Then I got Ferdinand... at 5 star. I didn't want him to break my pity rate but now I'm saving 20k feathers, so whatever. Still not a single 4* copy of him. I got Lysithea after a huge drought but she's -atk, so that's fucking annoying. And, there was one more red orb after Lysithea so I pulled it for shits and giggles, hoping for another copy, but I got my first Keaton instead. Nice to get 2 back to back 5*s after having shit luck. I do want another Lys to merge out that bane but I'm waiting until my orb reserve is back up.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:40 pm

I got Igrene on my first/free pull, which was surprising. She's -SPD which isn't ideal for someone with a speed-activated weapon but she seems pretty cool regardless.

Did another couple rounds of pulls, nothing so far. I'll grind out those free tickets before I do any more pulls though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:50 pm

I was going to pull for Igrene on that other banner she's on right now if I had good luck on this banner, but since I didn't, I'm holding off. Funny, because I was just watching PM1's summoning video for this banner, and he also got Igrene at one point. Poor guy got pity broken 3 times and didn't get a single 3 Houses unit. I guess the bad luck on this banner is shared.

My Bernie is already built up and finished, though. She was easiest to raise out of the batch, probably due to her movement + ranged. Lysithea is close at level 37. Ferdie is struggling because his kit kind of sucks. Tethys, who I'm using to dance them, is useless and I don't know how I'll ever get enough SP on her to learn even her shitty base skills. Oh well, never wanted her.

Edit: Man, Keaton is a literal beast. Leveling him now, and he's one-shotting blue armors, even.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:28 pm

Is it just me or does the FEH art for Bernie/Lys/Annette all make them look a lot younger than their 3H originals? Oh well.

Just realized I still have a ton of unfinished story maps on Lunatic so I'm gonna take a little time to Light's Blessing my way through those for the missing orbs before I go deep pulling for Bernie.

...also gotta finish Kronya's GHB Infernal before it goes away again. That would get my merge up to +9, with less than a hundred grails remaining 'til +10.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:58 pm

You're not alone. I've heard a lot of complaints from random people about the art on this banner. I don't personally have any issues with it because all of the art in this game is done by different people and there are a ton of inconsistencies already.

I do have a problem with characterization, though. Ferdie's "I am Ferdinand von Aiger!" iconic line cut for no raisin (it *was* in the Japanese text) so that annoys me. He also praises his father a lot, which I don't remember from the game either. His dad's name is apparently Ludwig. Don't recall the game saying that, but cool.

Completely different character but since we're talking about characterization: Resplendent Ike is out for Feh pass people. I still don't have it, but people are saying that Ike is super out of character with that skin. Like, he's hiding from Mist and Soren in the FEH world on purpose, which would never happen. In the JP text, he says that they're being too noisy, but in English, he says he's literally trying to run away from them and hide... wtf? Why is the English translation for these recent characters so different from the original text?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:08 pm

I had to improvise a little with PM1's Infernal guide for Kronya but I finally finished it. Plus I noticed the 3* quest reward for Lunatic and got that too, so I can actually finish the merge right now instead of waiting to scrape together the final mess of grails. Hella cool.

Gotta look into putting together whatever that skill build was that spurred me into this +10 in the first place. Also, now I can save those grails to start another new merge project. I really need another green, but the choices at the moment are a tad light. Is vanilla Robin any good? She's been around forever, so maybe not.

I suppose I could try to finish my masked Marth instead, plus I already have her kit pretty much complete according to some old Lucina healbot guide I was following... which is maybe deprecated by now, who knows.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 pm

Oh, you don't even have her prf dagger yet. So get that, and a lot of people give her close counter.

I've hardly spent any grails myself. I have a +10 Naesala, but other than that, I've only spent a couple on male Kana and Linus and haven't even used them. I have a few thousand left. Since most are used in FTP guides, it's why I hesitate to merge. Aversa hasn't been used in a long time, though, and I've already merged her at least once, so I might just do her next.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:26 am

Got my Bernie in a little under 100 orbs. +Atk! Finally.

Also, within the four tickets and the freebie pull I got a Maribelle and a Nah. I shouldn't look gift 5*s in the mouth but woof both these characters look like the total opposite of anyone I'd ever wanna use.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:06 am

Maribelle has an interesting staff effect but I have Brave Veronica so I rarely use any other healer anyway. Don't have Nah but also not interested either.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:47 am

My Kronya build for reference. I really should follow suit and pick up the free dupe copies for merges.

Now that Close Counter can be got with the manual pages, this build isn't too out of reach. If you don't have special spiral fodder, another poison strike on there lets you raw damage down really bulky characters, hopefully then only needing 1 damage from your vantage hit.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Well, I'm really pissed at myself. On my current BE file with the Ashen Wolves, I forgot to get the scene where I side with Edelgard. I usually save it till the end of the month so I don't lose all that time in between. Since some time passed, I forgot where I was, and did a seminar on that last day, and saved. I did the battle just to see if I could decide after (by choosing not to kill her) but it automatically sided me with the church. Well, that's the end of that. Definitely wasn't intending to do that route ever again. Guess I won't get to use Jeritza or see the time-skip Ashen Wolves in action. My last save file is 6 chapters/15 hours back. Nope.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Got broken by an Eyvel last night. Yet another +HP/-Res. Not sure what to do with her.

Glad there's still 17 days left on this 3H banner 'cause I'm orb-poor right now and at the rate I keep pulling unrelated jabronis I'll probably need all those days just to get Lys.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:30 pm

The tempest trial is coming, and it should be for the spring banner (which is always an easy skip for me) so hopefully those orbs will help you out.

Not going to lie, I'm tempted to get the FEH pass now that my work is closed indefinitely because I'm going to need more to do.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Finished the more budget-friendly Kronya build suggested by the wiki people.

All that's really left is to refine that Flashing Blade seal up to 3.

I also have everything I need for the other, more expensive build, except Close Counter, which I'll have to source from the Summer Xander manual in Divine Codes unless I get a lucky pull first. So that'll take a while. At least I was fortunate enough to pull a second Lewyn just recently for the Special Spiral.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:08 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 38145?s=20

I suppose the dude could be a lot of people. Dorcas, (older) Ike, Hawkeye, Barst, Solid Snake... any bulky fighter guy. Kinda looks like he'll have a lance. A carrot lance.

The lady could be even more people so I won't bother to speculate too much. Only the hair really stands out as a possible identifier. I get a slight Marianne vibe but I don't really see them introducing her this way. Looks like she'll be a sword. Carrot sword.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Boards are guessing Bartre and Est. I looked at their portraits and I agree. The hair and body types fit for both, and Est is expected since Catria got an old last year, and Palla the year prior. There's still 3 more characters left on the banner (counting the TT unit) though, and Bartre is from 6/7, while Est is from 1-3, so there's really no consistency in terms of figuring out who the other people will be.

Last year had Marissa (8) and then OCs aside from the Whitewing sister. So it could literally be anyone. But I guess if they continue with that theme, maybe we'll get spring Fjorm and her siblings, since last year it was Veronica, Bruno, and Loki.

The Spring banner is always an easy skip for me anyway, so unless a unit has amazing skills, I won't pull beyond the freebie.

Edit: I know that a/lt is German for old but obviously it seems weird in this context. When did that filter happen?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:28 pm

That's not one of my filters so maybe you're hitting an autocorrect if you're phoneposting.

I always forget about Bartre. But I suppose he's not very memorable.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Aww dorky dad Bartre is pretty cool. I put some time into his basic version, especially now that he has armor effective PRF. Axe!Ike then became so tanky he kinda took away Bartre's spot as my go to infantry axe.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Nope, I never post here from my phone ever, so I don't know how that happened, unless I was just subconsciously mixing the languages up? But that would be weird, since my last German class was in like, 2010.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk8U9vpd1bA

No one is surprised about Est. Decent kit.

After watching PM1's video I was convinced that the silhouette was Fir since I saw the outline of her ponytail. Not sure how popular she actually is, but she's meh for me.

Narcian is a genuine surprise. He's part of the 4 star focus.

Idunn/Fae duo is a super cute idea, but since they're a spring seasonal, they seem underwhelming. Interesting that they're shown as an Altina counter right after we all got the free Altina, though. (Also, really, the "festivals are the bestivals" line from Christmas Fae is cute but they just... reused it. How lazy).

No word on the Tempest Trial unit in the trailer!? E: I suppose it must be Bartre, since his silhouette wasn't revealed and no one else can fit it, but other trailers always at least mentioned the free unit in the small text in the end.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:19 pm

The official twitter confirmed Bartre as the Tempest unit, yeah.

I might try for Est or Fir but ehh, kinda low priority. I don't really use flyers a whole lot and spring specials in general aren't that interesting. I'll probably just continue to fail at pulling Lys and Annette instead.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 am

I'm tempted to pull for Fir, so I can set up an AR defense of Karla/Bartre/Fir/Spring!Bartre/Spring!Fir.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Paid more attention to their skills today and I'm liking Est's kit, but I don't really care enough about Est herself. I already have vanilla Idunn so the only advantage of pulling another red armor dragon is the duo skill, which I will probably forget to ever use. Maybe I'll just wait until near the end of the banner, after seeing what the next vanilla one will be.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:43 pm

I got Fir in like 20 orbs, but she's -SPD+RES which isn't great since she seems a speed focused character. Not gonna push my luck though.